Chafing dish consists of chafing dish rack, water pan, food pan (chafer pan), and lid.
- Place the rack in the position you intend to use the chafer.
- Place the water pan into the rack.
- Fill the water pan with boiled water at the recommended level.
- Put chafer fuel into a fuel holder and place it on the fuel holder plate under the water pan.
- Light the fuel.
- Place the food pan with hot food on top of the water pan.
- Cover the food pan with a lid.
The heat will be transferred from the chafing dish burner – fuel can to water in the water pan. This will in turn heat the food in the food pan. If an electric chafing dish is used, no chafer fuel can is required. All you need is simply plug the appliance into a power source.